Sunday, October 10, 2010

Journey


Take the journey
I’ve made a way
You can’t see too far ahead
But I am already there
Knowing every care
Every hurt, every blow
To your heart along the road
I felt it too, when I took the journey
Long ago
I know every break
I know every joy
I can’t bear it when I see
The times you don’t believe
For it pains you
And it was never meant to be
Believe, child
Stand up
Keep walking
Soon you will fly
Because there is victory
In the blood I shed
Walk through the dark night
Look to the day!
Only brightness lies ahead
Rise above the fray!
All you have to do
Is seek my hand
Take it, hold on
And I will never let go
And you will see my face
And you will live by my grace
Until your journey
Is filled with my delight
For all you see
Is my fiery gaze
The all-consuming Fire
The First and the Last
I remain
So fix your eyes
On the Holy One
Who bore your shame
And this life
Will not leave you lame.

No comments:

Post a Comment