Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Making Room


In our garden made for two
You asked me to make room
You said, "open up your heart
It might hurt, but I did it too."
And though it didn't seem
There was much room for them
I let them in
And our garden grew.

At times I've asked you why
I must go through the pain
And you remind me that
You did the same.
You came to love the lost
The sinners, cheats, and liars
And I must do that too
Or I am chief among them.

I've opened up our garden
And I find that when I close the gate
With even just a little bit of hate
I can't feel you anymore.
But it's never too late.
I open up again, feel the pain
But experience the sweetness
Of sharing in your gain.

Our garden made for two
Is made for so much more
And when I give away
What is really yours
I go deeper in your heart
And love you even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment