Friday, April 5, 2013

Good Gifts

God gives good gifts to us. Just because He loves us. Recently as I was praying I asked Him to help me see the gifts, to recognize them when they come. I believe that if we truly saw all of His gifts, it would radically shift the way we see life. We would enjoy life more, be more at peace, just knowing we are loved and taken care of.
And he does take care of us.
I often wonder why I worry so much, because whenever I look back on what has happened in the past, I've never had anything to worry about. Why would that all of the sudden change? Hasn't God proved His faithfulness to me enough?
The answer is yes.
I worry about money, but I have never lacked.
I worry about relationships, but He always restores.
I worry about my job, but He has always come through.
I worry about my future, but He provides unexpected opportunities.
He gives good gifts. He knows I love beauty, so He gives me a clear view of the mountains. He knows I love the sun, so He gives me a sunny day and time to enjoy it. He knows all the little things I like, and He gives me these things, here and there, just because.
Just the other day I was telling my parents I wanted to see a play at a certain place. Today He provided free tickets.
He gives good gifts, and I want to recognize them and always trust Him. If He cares about these little things that bless us, will He not also care about all our provisions and well being?
Trust brings peace. Peace releases what we may not have expected previously to receive.
It's all about perspective.
God gives good gifts. Let's not look at our lack or the circumstances that could be better. He loves us, and we are never alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment