Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Rain

It's raining. I can hear the drizzle right outside of our sliding back door. It's calming, if I let it be of course. I like the rain. It reminds me that everything is okay, because it is steady. Likewise, God's love is steady. Unfailing. When the rain stops I know it's not over. I know I will live to see another day of rain. Every day I can wake up knowing that God loves me. Sometimes that's all that keeps me alive. It's all that makes me hold on and keep doing what I'm doing. And when I feel like I'm going nowhere, and that all I do is in vain, I remember the rain. He is steady. He is faithful. He won't let me labor in vain, for I am his child. There are things I don't see. Sometimes I would like to see them, but he doesn't always allow me to. I don't always like to trust. That's just being very honest. But trusting is the only way that I'm going to live NOW. As much as I try to see what's ahead or grasp at some sort of escape, the now is still there, under the surface of it all. I must face it and embrace it. I must dance in the rain of the moment.

1 comment:

  1. I like this! =) In my head we are dancing in the rain together right now with Jesus holding our hands!

    ReplyDelete