Monday, March 29, 2010

The Garden


Do you see me?
My heart?
Is it soft as a child’s?
Is my hand tender
When you take it in yours
Does it resist your pull?
I want freedom
Liberty
I wan to run in your garden
And catch a glimpse
Of your beauty
I’m looking for you
Discovering mysteries
Daddy where are you?
You’re here somewhere
I can’t wait to run into your arms
And then I’ll escape
Laughing
But wanting only
To be caught by you
I’ll peek out from behind
Your flowers
Planted just for me
Then I’ll dance
In the sunlight
That brightens my eyes
You’ll spin me around
I’ll have no cares
Just delight
As we roll on the ground together
Lost in wonder
In our love for each other
It’s nothing I could deserve
But you make me a child again
A mature child
One ready to rule
But I won’t forget to dance with you
In your garden
My daddy
Is the King
And I know I can come
Whenever I please
For I am indeed free.

No comments:

Post a Comment