Friday, March 26, 2010

I Don't Have to Understand

My heart it beats with one desire
Or how I want it to
Is it truly ripped in two
Or do I just feel what I’m supposed to?
Are we to go about our lives
In either boring days
Or endless pain
And accept it as it comes?
Or is there a way to live and die
Suffering at a great price
But taking delight
In the one we love the most?
Should I cease my questioning heart
My longing mind
And realize
That to live is to die
Even if dying means separation?
Separate, but don’t lose my heart
Allow the pain
Because it’s worth it?
I won’t shut down
I’ll feel what he wants me to feel
After all
I love him the most
But just don’t let me boast
In myself
And don’t let me stray
And get in the way
Firm trust
In the midst of storms
My heart no longer dead
Nor fearing the norm
Or the empty
Because life with you
Life for you
Has no comparison
To anything else
I don’t understand
This life
But you gave it to me
So I’ll trust
When I don’t know where to go
No belonging
No clear future
You are my home
And I’ll follow
The cadence
Of your sweet voice.

1 comment:

  1. Sure, but who are you? Did you just find my blog or something? Your name just shows up as ??

    ReplyDelete