Thursday, March 18, 2010

I Exist For Him--Bottom Line

I am being blown away by the basics of the very faith I claim to be my own. Revelation is stacking itself up in my heart, and my life cannot be the same. The way I think and live cannot be the same. A daughter(son) of God is led by the spirit of God. Whoa. Wait, now, that's all I have to do? Listen, be open, obey God, follow him in everything? Yes, that is what I have to do. I have to. Because now if I don't, I'm denying my own true desires, which are born of the spirit of God. I have been trying, without acknowledging it, to fill some kind of void I thought I had by filling my time with things that lacked true value, with buying "good" things just to make myself feel better. No! I don't need any of that! He is all I need! Really. If I don't burn for him alone, if I don't give my whole life to his purposes, I have nothing. I don't want nothing. Not anymore. I want Him! And that means doing whatever He tells me to do; saying, speaking, acting on His every word. And staying put if He has not given the go-ahead. I exist for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment