Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Jason Castro's "Who I Am" Music | CBN.com

Jason Castro's "Who I Am" Music | CBN.com

I was just looking up some information about this new album by Jason Castro, because I really liked him on American Idol, and this is supposed to be his "Christian" debut album. There is one thing I wanted to point out that I disagree with in this interview. Castro says there is a difference between a worship leader and an entertainer. This is not true. Whether we follow God or not, all of our art is worship. So, if we seek to glorify God, we are being a "worship leader" in our art, in which the subject of our worship is God. However, if we do not follow God, whether we know it or not, there is another something or someone we are worshiping in our art, whether it's ourselves, our fans, our boyfriend/girlfriend, money, or whatever our focus may be. So, maybe Jason Castro is just not thinking along these lines. But I would venture to say that if he truly does seek to glorify God with his music, he really is a worship leader. Let us hope so. We need people to take their place and boldly speak of who is their all-consuming Life. We need a generation of no compromise, who clearly hears and follows God's voice, unashamed. Raise us up God!

No comments:

Post a Comment