Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Lost

You fill the sky
With wonderful splendor
The angels sing and stand in awe
Of beauty beyond this world
And I stand speechless
Lost in your eyes
The forgotten sensation
Fills me now
This is what I’m made for
Hold me now
Hold me forever

You fill my heart
With glorious life
I see your world
It lies beyond the naked eye
But tonight I know
You are here
Tonight I know
You have always been near
Times past and times present
And days yet to come
You’ll be by my side
Until I am undone

Your mercy undoes me
Your look pierces me
I cannot retreat
When it is you I meet
My flesh protests
But my spirit cries yes!
You overpower
My soul in this hour

I yearn to know you God
I want to live with you
Seeing beyond what can be seen
Hearing more than forgotten religion
For you are true
More true now than in my past
So I will not leave
I will embrace this heavenly beauty
And know the life
That makes me who I am

No comments:

Post a Comment