Saturday, December 1, 2012

Darkness Inside

I want more of Jesus. In fact, I want all of him. I know we say things like this a lot, but I don't know how often we act on it. If He is really what we want, what are we goint to do about it?
I have been convicted recently of my pride. I have needed to acknowledge it for some time, but haven't brought myself to it until now. I see that it is worth it to face the darkness inside of me. It's not something I have to fear, but it is something that must be obliterated. So I have to die. I have to make the decisions that strain against my will.
I am desperately seeking God's help in this, because I have seen how hard it has been for me to make decisions I don't want to make. The ones in those little moments that pass by so quickly and can cause instant regret.
I don't want to ignore my pride anymore, because if I want Jesus, truly, I must change. I must become less so he can live in me. So his beauty can come forth more purely in my creativity and in my relating with people.
His love for me is so strong and he is so for me. It is the same for you. Let's not be afraid to face our darkness, for only then can we allow the light to invade.

No comments:

Post a Comment