Saturday, December 15, 2012

Jesus


What is it like to sit down and spend time with Jesus? This is one of my favorite things to do. This morning I had this picture of him just sitting down with me like a friend, just to talk and to be together. But I noticed something different than if I were with any other friend.

It was the way he looked at me. The fact that he knows me inside and out does not scare me; rather, it gives me security like no one else can. This is the one who created me with a bottomless love, who formed me with care and precision. This is the one in whom I find my identity and my definition. When I am with him, truly, nothing even needs to be said, though he understands when I do need to talk.

This is the one who sees both the darkness and the light in me and still looks on me with love. I am free in his company. This is the one who already gave everything up for me and who promises to never go back on his word. How can he after enduring such sacrifice? When I am with him it’s like being with a friend who knows every bad thing I have done but is still enduringly faithful.

He is not thinking about my mistakes. He is thinking about the perfection with which he created me and the Spirit of God that makes me nothing but beautiful in his eyes.

Jesus is fully human at the same time he is God, so that’s how I can relate with him. All I know is that being fully known is liberating.

I pray we all know Jesus in this way more and more. Let him bring this revelation to you in the way my words cannot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kcle5P0lEtA

No comments:

Post a Comment