Saturday, December 1, 2012

The Middle of this Place

The beauty in the air
Surrounds me until I know you are there
And your love speaks through the wind
Inviting me to go on
This sometimes treacherous adventure
Where I find your life in the midst of pain
And your breath that inspires me to move
To push through the darkness in my heart
And as I cling to you, let you wash me white
In this broken place you receive me in
Your heart surrounds mine and I’m your child
Captured by a love so wild
I wish I had better words
I am astounded that you take my shame
And make me new whenever I call on your name
I’d rather live with you than with me
So remind me to see every time I shift a degree
That you are worth every part of me
Make me a pure vessel
Innocent again, unstained but with your blood
Move my body and my hands
To bring you glory in a beautiful dance
Of life and story
Author of love and life and grace
Just help me to see your face in the middle of this place

No comments:

Post a Comment